[nc-imptransfer]

RE: [nc-imp] Draft v2.0 of the Transfers Implementation Report

> This raises again, also (I think) the issue of what whois
> server should be consulted.  I'd suggest that we make it
> clearer that the whois which counts (irrespective of whether
> it's a separate special server or not) is the authoritative
> whois server for the domain.

ICANN's definition of "authoritative" is a bit of a red herring. I'm
more interested in consulting with the Whois server that is most likely
to provide the most useful (read: accurate) information in a manner
consistent with my processes. Making distinctions like this on a tld, by
tld basis add complexity without adding value.

Further, this strays into specification of implementation, not analysis
of recommendation.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Get Blog... http://www.byte.org/blog

agreement with ICANN; see >
<http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/info/registry-agmt-appo-
11may01.htm>).

> resellers the ability to use it.  So, while I appreciate the need to
> make the special whois highly available, I think we still need a
> mechanism or trigger for limiting it in order to stop abuse.

I agree with this.  It would represent a potentially large expense if
there were no specification of reasonable limits.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110