[nc-imptransfer]

[nc-imptransfer] Proposal

I trust that everyone is enjoying their holidays - speaking as someone who
is smack dab in the middle of his, I can only relate that early reports
indicate that I am also enjoying mine.

In advance, apologies for the presumptive nature of this message - I am
about to leave again for a few days and I'm not sure what chances I will
have to get a few words in edgewise before next week. Also note that this
message presumes that I am talking to the Transfers Implementation group and
not the Whois one - the name of the mailing list doesn't make this clear :)

The proposal that I'd like to make is that we schedule a conference call
sometime between the 6th and the 10th to kick things off as a group and go
over the following items;

- terms of reference
- proposed milestones & schedule (deadlines etc)
- next steps
- any administrivia that the ROP might require

There are likely items that I have missed or points that our chair would
like to inject, but I think that this short list gets the point across that
I would like to make: we need to quickly get together on a plan of attack if
we are going to meet our deadlines. Scheduling a telecon somewhere during
the period I put forward should allow us to safely put the holidays behind
us as well as give us a fighting chance to produce a reasonable analysis by
the deadline specified.

Also, I will have some more concrete notes to forward to the list regarding
the TOR, schedule, next steps etc when I return.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all!

                     -rwr

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of
thought which they seldom use."
 - Soren Kierkegaard