[nc-idn]

[nc-idn] Fyi.

cf. ftp://ops.ietf.org/pub/lists/idn.current

From owner-idn@ops.ietf.org Thu Jan 17 07:31:46 2002
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:29:11 +0100
From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
To: "Heinze, Bill" <bill.heinze@tkhr.com>,
	"'idn@ops.ietf.org'" <idn@ops.ietf.org>
Cc: "'Mr. James Seng, Co-Chair, idn Working Group,'" <jseng@pobox.org.sg>,
	"'Mr. Marc Blanchet, Co-Chair, idn Working Group,'" <Marc.Blanchet@viagenie.qc.ca>,
	"'Mr. Erik Nordmark, Internet Area Director,'" <nordmark@eng.sun.com>,
	"'Mr. Thomas Narten, Internet Area Director,'" <narten@us.ibm.com>,
	"'Mr. John Klensin, Technical Advisor,'" <klensin@jck.com>,
	"'RFC 2026 Submissions to IETF Director,'" <scoya@ietf.org>
Subject: [idn] Re: IETF Notification of Patent Publication for WO 01/90955 A2
Sender: owner-idn@ops.ietf.org

Thank you for your message.
It will be published on the IETF IPR statements web page.

We have some trouble parsing it, however, since:

- there is no attached document with more than 87 pages
- the URL referred to does not point to a conformant HTTP page
- discussion of technology does not in general require a license;
  the IETF as such does not implement technology.

If you desire comments from the IETF community on the patent claim, =
pointing
to or enclosing a single document might be a more useful way of sending it.

             Harald Alvestrand, speaking in the IETF officer role

--On onsdag, januar 16, 2002 19:44:01 -0500 "Heinze, Bill"=20
<bill.heinze@tkhr.com> wrote:

> January 16, 2002
> Internet Engineering Task Force                 VIA E-MAIL TO:
>
> Re:  IETF Notification of Patent Publication for WO 01/90955 A2
>         Our File No. 561401-9010
>

> Dear Subscribers:
>

> In accordance with Section 10 of the The Internet Standards Process (RFC
> 2026), we are writing on behalf of .NU Domain and its affiliate
> WorldNames,TM Inc. to notify you of the publication of World Intellectual
> Property Organization International Publication No. WO 01/90955 A2
> entitled "Internationalized Domain Name System with Iterative
> Conversion." A copy of this document is available at the following
> website:
>
> =
http://l2.espacenet.com/dips/bnsviewer?CY=3Dep&LG=3Den&DB=3DEPD&PN=3DWO01909=
55&ID