[nc-idn]

RE: [council] FW: [nc-idn] DRAFT MOTION proposal, version 2.

Caroline wrote:

> "=> Caroline, the resolution has been corrected upon Guillermo request
>     to speak about all TLD space. "
>
> Then we should eliminate the specific reference to Verisign and have one
> resolution applying to all TLD space.

==> Would you be happy if only item (b) remains in the resolution ?

> "The IETF experts I contacted are unanimous: they recommend to understand
> the issues (not only technical, but the others like the dispute policy);
> they recommend to _wait_ the base specs of the IDN WG co"
>
> Then the IETF should send a resolution to ICANN on its behalf if it has not
> already done so.

==> We are Domain Names SO, responsible for Domain Names aspects,
    therefore this International Domain Names fall into our purview.

    The IETF has expressed to ICANN their concerns, but as it is a
    Domain Names issue, we have a duty to address International
    Domain Names.

Elisabeth