From: owner-nc-deletes@dnso.org [mailto:owner-nc-deletes@dnso.org] On
Behalf Of Jordyn A. Buchanan
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 8:52 AM
To: nc-deletes@dnso.org
Subject: [nc-deletes] Draft statement

Here's a draft statement for us to make to the Council in response to
the General Counsel's letter.  I'm keeping it short:

----
The Deletes Task Force has reviewed the General Counsel's statement,
"Concerns Regarding Report of Deletes Task Force", dated April 11,
2003.  The Task Force believes that the many of the concerns raised by
the General Counsel have largely been taken into consideration in its
work, but some questions of clarity have been raised that may deserve
further attention.

In order to more fully address the General Counsel's statement, the
Deletes Task Force requests an additional period of two weeks in order
to:

1) Make modifications to its report in response to the General
Counsel's concerns; and
2) In those circumstances in which the General Counsel's concerns have
already been taken into consideration and no change to the Report is
required, to advise the Council as to the Task Force's rationale.

We hope that these activities will allow the Council to act upon our
Report with confidence.

[Result of voting on this statement to be inserted here.]
---

If anyone has suggested revisions, let me know.  Otherwise, let's just
see if we can't vote to support this statement and I'll present it to
the Council tomorrow.

Jordyn