[nc-deletes]

Re: [nc-deletes] FW: [council] Concerns Regarding Report ofDeletesTask Force

From: "Bret Fausett" <fausett@lextext.com>

> First, I don't believe it was our intent to require a register to delete a
> domain name when the name was the subject of an administrative or legal
> proceeding

I have heard from quite a few UDRP respondents who, upon noticing that a
domain name is near expiration, simply opt to allow the domain name to
expire, rather than to contest the proceeding.  Failing to abide by the term
of the contract undermines the legitimate expectations of domain name
registrants who intend to rely upon the expiration date.  How on earth can
you force people to remain in a contract beyond the term for which they
contracted?