[nc-deletes]

Re: [nc-deletes] Time to Vote

> What we want is for registrants to know up front what the score is,
>but this doesn't have to be in a way that the registrar is bound by the
>price notified at the outset.

Bingo.  The price is not important.  The fact that there is "some" charge is
of somewhat more importance.  But the point is that this is not a procedure
intended to be relied upon in the normal course of events.  It is an
extraordinary measure.  Maybe there are people who negotiate fees with
ambulance services, but those people are rare. [1]

John

[1] Although I once won an argument with an ambulance crew upon regaining
consciousness in their vehicle after a cycling accident, over the subject of
our intended destination.