[nc-deletes]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

RE: [nc-deletes] Whois implementation of information provided incorrectly on purpose.

George,

Thank you for your comments. I do have one concern with your suggestion.

In most cases, if not all, registrars have agreements with the credit card processors that prohibit/restrict disclosure of the billing information they are provided. Even without that, I believe it would raise significant privacy issues, and expose customers to potential credit card fraud.

Keep in mind that the individual paying for the registration is not necessarily the registrant, the admin contact, the technical contact, or even the billing contact of the whois record.

Tim Ruiz