[nc-deletes]

Re: [nc-deletes] Impact

I'm not sure about the wisdom of individual task forces specifying
penalties or other specific enforcement mechanisms for their
recommendations.  It seems to me that there should be a general
approach to contract enforcement and sanctions, and this should apply
to any breach of consensus policy or existing contracts.  Perhaps it
would make sense to have different types of sanctions based on
different types of severity of infraction, and then allow the task
forces to specify what level of severity a violation of particular
recommendation would fall into.

The alternative is a system in which wildly different sanctions may
exist based on the composition of a particular task force.  That's not
a desirable outcome for anyone, either those who expect contracts to be
enforced, or the ones who the contract is being enforced upon.

Jordyn