[nc-deletes]

Re: [nc-deletes] Revised draft recommendations

John:

These are helpful comments, but I'm not sure what they mean in practice.

If the UDRP Case Manager tells the challenger that the domain is about to
expire, but there is no mechanism for the challenger to pay for the domain,
the information isn't all that useful.  Similarly, unless we have some
notion of how a registrar is supposed to act once a challenger has paid for
a domain, we could very easily end up with the situation you describe below
in which we just give the expiring name to the challenger.

The high level description of the proposal is:  "Inform the challenger the
name is going to expire, and let them pay for the renewal if the registrant
is not going to."  As always, the details get a bit more complicated than
that, but I'd rather think about some of the details now than when the types
of problems you describe start to crop up.

Jordyn