Subject: RE: [nc-corp] AFNIC EXPENSES FOR JULY 2003

From: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:07:54 -0400

Roger, I apologize for missing our budget call, but I know that Phllip
Sheppard was there. I do have a question, though. I support the funding, in any case.

Did ICANN decline to make contigency plans for the transition? or was
it their view that htey had provided ample resources for the transision
and that the redundancy which the Budget Committee recommended was 
not needed. 

 However, I am most interested in
what the plan was, and whether the redundancy was indeed provided by
AFNIC/is still being provided by AFNIC, or whether the transition is 
completed.

Marilyn
-----Original Message-----
From: Roger J. Cochetti [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 2:58 AM
To: nc budget committee
Subject: [nc-corp] AFNIC EXPENSES FOR JULY 2003

You will recall that at the last meeting of the GNSO Council 
Budget Committee,  the Committee considered the issue of a 
transition from the old to the new budgetary arrangements 
for the GNSO.  The Committee authorized me to write to ICANN 
management strongly encouraging them to conclude 
arrangements with AFNIC for the parallel operation of the 
old AFNIC-provided GNSO Website and Listserv systems during 
a one month transition period in order to minimize the risk 
of any type of failure of the GNSO Website and Listserv's.  
This would require that AFNIC continue t provide technical 
services to the GNSO during the transition month, July 2003, 
which was not previously budgeted.  

The Committee also authorized me to strongly encourage ICANN 
management to reach an arrangement with Glen de St Gery soon 
so that there was no risk of an interruption in secretariat 
services to the GNSO as a result of the transition.)  To the 
point:  In order to ensure continuous service to the GNSO 
Council, the Committee authorized on a contingency basis the 
payment of one month of AFNIC's fees (US $1,800) or one 
month of FISAT's fees (US $4500) in the event that ICANN 
management did not commit to make these payments.  

In this way, both FISAT and AFNIC were assured of payment 
for April services, although the Committee strongly felt 
that it was the responsibility of ICANN management, not the 
GNSO, to cover these cost for July 203 services.

This note is to advise you that Glen has informed me that 
ICANN management has declined to cover operating expenses 
for AFNIC's Website and Listserv services for July 2003, and 
upon written confirmation of this by AFNIC, the contingency 
in the Committee's authorization of payment to AFNIC will 
have been met and the GNSO will pay AFNIC's July, 2003 
operating expenses for Website and Listserv services to the 
GNSO.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Roger Cochetti
Chair
GNSO Council Budget Committee 

Roger J. Cochetti
TEL 301-654-2923
FAX 301-654-7262
[email-masked]

---

From: "Gomes, Chuck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:57:24 -0400

I haven't seen anything on this.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Stubbs [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 7:59 AM
To: [email-masked]; nc budget committee
Subject: Re: [nc-corp] AFNIC EXPENSES FOR JULY 2003

can anyone comment  on current status of contract for Glen's secretariat
services ?

thanks

ken stubbs

---

From: "Gomes, Chuck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:59:16 -0400

Any insight as to why ICANN would decline to pay these expenses?

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger J. Cochetti [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 2:58 AM
To: nc budget committee
Subject: [nc-corp] AFNIC EXPENSES FOR JULY 2003

Roger Cochetti
Chair

Roger J. Cochetti
TEL 301-654-2923
FAX 301-654-7262
[email-masked]

---

From: "Roger J. Cochetti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:16:56 -0400

In response to both Marilyn's and Chuck's questions, I am 
seeking a clarification from ICANN management right now.  In 
addition, please note that we do not yet have formal 
confirmation that ICANN has declined to cover AFNIC's costs 
for the transition month; only a report from Glen to that 
effect. The purpose of my note was simply to alert the 
Committee that the contingency (i.e. ICANN management 
declines to cover AFNIC's costs for July) may have been met, 
since the Committee left it that the expense is automatic 
once the contingency is met.

I will get back to you with whatever clarifications I get.

Roger Cochetti
Chair

PS  Am I the only person on this list getting multiple 
copies of incoming e-mails?

---- Original message ----
>Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:07:54 -0400
>From: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <[email-masked]>  
>Subject: RE: [nc-corp] AFNIC EXPENSES FOR JULY 2003  
>To: <[email-masked]>, "nc budget committee" <nc-
[email-masked]>
Roger J. Cochetti
TEL 301-654-2923
FAX 301-654-7262
[email-masked]

---

From: "Gomes, Chuck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:25:15 -0400

I am not getting multiple copies.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger J. Cochetti [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 10:17 AM
To: Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP
Cc: [email-masked]; nc budget committee
Subject: RE: [nc-corp] AFNIC EXPENSES FOR JULY 2003

Roger Cochetti
Chair

---- Original message ----
[email-masked]>
Roger J. Cochetti
TEL 301-654-2923
FAX 301-654-7262
[email-masked]