Subject: [nc-corp] MATERIALS FOR NAMES COUNCIL BUDGET COMMITTEE CALL

From: "Cochetti, Roger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 07:41:37 -0500

In preparation for our DNSO budget planning, I asked Glen to prepare some
background materials and estimates.   They are attached.

Roger

Roger Cochetti
Chair
Names Council Budget Committee

-----Original Message-----
From: DNSO SECRETARIAT [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 9:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: budget

Dear Roger,

Bruce wrote:

< Budget for DNSO Names Council - 1 Jan 2003 to 30 June 2003
- I assume this will be the main topic for the teleconference on 20 Nov
- this budget should take into account the costs for teleconferences
required in task forces, and sub-committees.
- Marilyn Cade will supply costs for WHOIS and Transfers that were donated
by AT&T to act as a guide>

Calculating the teleconferences from Jan to November 18, 2002, there have
been 20 NC teleconfs, average 2 hours duration, except for 2 short calls
about 45 minutes.  Each entails at least 9 hours of work with the agenda,
arranging for the conference call, time spent on call, minutes and other
things arising from the call. This does not take into account time spent on
setting up a vote.

I have participated in 27 task force calls and this has increased my
Telephone expenses up. At the moment, with the bill for Nov, but not
counting December, telephone and ISP comes to $3100 2002 budget = $3400, so
there will be about $400 short of what was budgeted .

With the transcriptions that Marilyn now does, note taking is down to a
minimum. (Before it took 5 to 6 hours per task force call to get minutes out
etc.) However, I will do minutes for the UDRP task force and MP3 recordings
are part of services provided, (provided they can normally be done in
European office hours)

Travelling expenses, taking a minimum estimate of $710 for Amsterdam, leaves
$1332 over from the $8500 budgeted for.

See the attached for the 6 months to follow, as a rough estimate.

I am quite willing to give more assistance with task force work, but then
perhaps it should be considered as overtime, or a 3/4 or full time
secretariat?

As far as the 2003/2004, what I can add from experience, is that as far as
maintaining stability, continuity and coordination among the constituencies,
which will still be part of the GNSO, an administrative position seems of
key importance as well as  maintaining communication and documentation
through means of a web site. There too continuity is most desirable for
efficient functioning.

Is it in order for me  to send out reminders later today for the outstanding
constituency funds, namely to the ISPCP and NCDNH constituencies?

I hope this helps you Roger.  Please come back with any questions

POST SCRIPT that may be useful for the meeting tomorrow:
the estimate for the NC meeting room, Sat. 14, from 9 to 11 in Amsterdam at
the Sheraton is 400  euros (including tax) and at the Hilton next door 350
euros (including tax). Telephone conferencing equipment is roughly estimated
at 200 euros, but that depends on what I can negotiate with ICANN technical
staff and they do not yet know what they will have with them.

I hope this helps you Roger.  Please come back with any questions.

Glen