Subject: [nc-corp] [Re: Confidentiality of Worldcom Teleconference Pricing]

From: Louis Touton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 15:37:56 -0700

To the NC Budget Committee:

First, let me thank Elisabeth for arranging for this mailing list to
be established.  As she mentions, it should be used only exceptionally
for situations justifying confidentiality.

ICANN's contract with Worldcom for teleconferencing services requires
that pricing and terms of the service be kept confidential from third
parties.  Accordingly, discussions about the cost of individual calls
should not take place on the publicly archived nc-budget list, but
instead on this list.  Overall amounts owed to Worldcom (as 
distinguished from the costs of individual calls) may, to provide
the necessary transparency, be more broadly disclosed.  If in doubt, 
please ask me before disclosing information publicly.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Louis Touton
General Counsel

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [nc-corp] Another channel for confidential communication
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 00:09:58 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Elisabeth Porteneuve <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Dear Budget Committee Colleagues,

ICANN, as a private company, has to respect contracts
with its service providers, which imply that some
informations are confidential. We have to follow it as well.

The NC Budget Committee have been working in a very transparent
way, with exemplary open public archives.
But not all information about our expenditures may be published
-- for exemple two recent email about Worldcom bills disclose
directly of indirectly the unitary teleconference cost.

We have been removing these two emails from the [email-masked]
public archives.

To satisfy the Budget Committee needs for confidential communication
a sister list has been open: [email-masked]

Please pay attention to the message you post - when exceptionnaly
some confidential information is to be shared, please post it to
[email-masked]. For all other situations our old mailing list
[email-masked] works fine.

Thank you for you cooperation,
Elisabeth