Subject: [nc-corp] Another channel for confidential communication

From: Elisabeth Porteneuve <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 00:09:58 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear Budget Committee Colleagues,

ICANN, as a private company, has to respect contracts
with its service providers, which imply that some
informations are confidential. We have to follow it as well.

The NC Budget Committee have been working in a very transparent 
way, with exemplary open public archives.
But not all information about our expenditures may be published
-- for exemple two recent email about Worldcom bills disclose 
directly of indirectly the unitary teleconference cost.

We have been removing these two emails from the [email-masked]
public archives.

To satisfy the Budget Committee needs for confidential communication
a sister list has been open: [email-masked]

Please pay attention to the message you post - when exceptionnaly
some confidential information is to be shared, please post it to 
[email-masked]. For all other situations our old mailing list 
[email-masked] works fine.

Thank you for you cooperation,
Elisabeth

---

From: "Cochetti, Roger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:44:17 -0400

Thanks Elizabeth.  I doubt that we will need to use this list frequently,
but it is nice to have it available.

Roger J. Cochetti
Senior Vice President & Chief Policy Officer
VeriSign
[email-masked]
202-973-6600