Subject: [nc-corp] AFNIC EXPENSES FOR JULY 2003

From: "Roger J. Cochetti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 02:57:57 -0400

You will recall that at the last meeting of the GNSO Council 
Budget Committee,  the Committee considered the issue of a 
transition from the old to the new budgetary arrangements 
for the GNSO.  The Committee authorized me to write to ICANN 
management strongly encouraging them to conclude 
arrangements with AFNIC for the parallel operation of the 
old AFNIC-provided GNSO Website and Listserv systems during 
a one month transition period in order to minimize the risk 
of any type of failure of the GNSO Website and Listserv's.  
This would require that AFNIC continue t provide technical 
services to the GNSO during the transition month, July 2003, 
which was not previously budgeted.  

The Committee also authorized me to strongly encourage ICANN 
management to reach an arrangement with Glen de St Gery soon 
so that there was no risk of an interruption in secretariat 
services to the GNSO as a result of the transition.)  To the 
point:  In order to ensure continuous service to the GNSO 
Council, the Committee authorized on a contingency basis the 
payment of one month of AFNIC's fees (US $1,800) or one 
month of FISAT's fees (US $4500) in the event that ICANN 
management did not commit to make these payments.  

In this way, both FISAT and AFNIC were assured of payment 
for April services, although the Committee strongly felt 
that it was the responsibility of ICANN management, not the 
GNSO, to cover these cost for July 203 services.

This note is to advise you that Glen has informed me that 
ICANN management has declined to cover operating expenses 
for AFNIC's Website and Listserv services for July 2003, and 
upon written confirmation of this by AFNIC, the contingency 
in the Committee's authorization of payment to AFNIC will 
have been met and the GNSO will pay AFNIC's July, 2003 
operating expenses for Website and Listserv services to the 
GNSO.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Roger Cochetti
Chair
GNSO Council Budget Committee 

Roger J. Cochetti
TEL 301-654-2923
FAX 301-654-7262
[email-masked]

---

From: "Ken Stubbs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 07:59:22 -0400

can anyone comment  on current status of contract for Glen's secretariat
services ?

thanks

ken stubbs