Subject: [Re: [nc-budget] Owed to ICANN - re: action last NC call]

From: Louis Touton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 16:23:52 -0700

Elisabeth,

I saw the message you just sent to Roger and copied to the nc-budget 
list (see below).  As part of the agreement under which we are receiving 
preferential rates from Worldcom, we have agreed as follows:

    13.  CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.  Commencing on the date Customer
    executes this Agreement and continuing for a period of three (3)
    years from the termination of this Agreement, each party shall
    protect as confidential, and shall not disclose to any third party,
    any Confidential Information received from the disclosing party or
    otherwise discovered by the receiving party during the Term of this
    Agreement, including, but not limited to, the pricing and terms of
    this Agreement . . . .

This provision allows exchange of confidential information among ICANN 
personnel (including you, Roger, Names Council, etc.) but not to third 
parties.  I'm concerned that "pricing" information is disclosed by 
making public the cost of individual calls, particularly since some of 
them are publicly archived and one can ascertain length, number of 
participants, etc.  Thus, the public posting of the per-call cost may 
violate the agreement.  (Aggregate costs such as the $8649.12 don't, in 
my view, meaningfully disclose pricing.  Therefore those may be posted.)

I'm not blaming you for this; we probably didn't make clear that the 
contract made the pricing confidential.  But I think we should do what 
we can to correct the error.  Is it possible to have the cc: to the 
nc-budget list deleted from the public archive?  (I haven't seen an 
earlier posting of this information; if you are aware of one please let 
me know.)  And we should also do what we can to ensure that those on the 
budget committee understand the confidential nature of the information.

Please let me know what can be done!

Best regards,

Louis Touton

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [nc-budget] Owed to ICANN - re: action last NC call
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 00:52:22 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Elisabeth Porteneuve <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

Roger,

At the last NC call, Ken Stubbs asked for clarification
about the reimboursement of the NC teleconference expenses
to ICANN.

In mid-June (see attached), Diane Schroeder presented
to Glen de St Gery the NC expenses owed to ICANN.
The total amount was composed of two parts:
     (1) NC teleconferences for 8567.12 USD
and (2) Glen hotel expenses in Marina del Rey in November 2001
         for 707.24 USD

Subsequently, those expenses has been presented to the
Budget Committee for verification.
After discussion, and to facilitate the ICANN's accounting,
Glen reimboursed the cost of hotel, 707.24 USD, to Diane
Schroeder (she is asking this reimboursement to the NC Budget
Committee now).

It seems to me that the Budget Committee asked the NC
for approval of reimboursement for NC teleconferences
for 8567.12 USD, and the NC accepted -- but I could not
find it in archives.
The action underway is to reimbourse NC expenses owed to ICANN.

The details are:

  22/12/2001::WorldCom::12/13/02 Call   $ 2 787.99
  22/01/2002::WorldCom::1/17/02 Call    $ 1 918.96
  22/01/2002::WorldCom::Rebate for Dec. $  (800.00)
  22/02/2002::WorldCom::2/14/02 Call    $ 1 409.47
  31/03/2002::WorldCom::3/12/02 Call    $   930.32
  31/03/2002::WorldCom::2/28/02 Call    $   357.34
  22/04/2002::WorldCom::4/4/02 Call     $   718.69
  22/04/2002::WorldCom::4/18/02 Call    $   649.62
  22/04/2002::WorldCom::3/22/02 Call    $   594.73
-------------------------------------------------
  Total DNSO owed to ICANN              $ 8 567.12

Elisabeth
--

----- Original Message -----
From: "DNSO Secretariat" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 1:29 AM
Subject: DNSO expenses owed to ICANN

 > To: Roger Cochetti
 > NC Budget Committee Chair,
 >
 >
 > Paris, 14 June 2002
 >
 > Dear Roger,
 >
 > Diane Schroeder, ICANN Financial Officer, is asking the Names Council
 > to reimburse several bills, which has been paid by ICANN between
 > December 2001 and April 2002 to cover the DNSO expenses.
 > The total amount is $9274.36, details are given in the attached file.
 >
 > Best regards,
 >
 > Glen de Saint Gery
 >
 > PJ:
 > Y2002.Jan-Apr.DNSO-owed-to-ICANN-invoice.doc
 >
 >
 >
 >  ----- Original Message -----
 > From: Diane Schroeder <[email-masked]>
 > To: Glen van Oudenhove de Saint Gery <[email-masked]>
 > Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 9:43 PM
 > Subject: ICANN Bills
 >
 >
 > Dear Glen - attached is a spreadsheet of the current amounts owed to
 > ICANN by the DNSO.  This now totals $9274.36.  As I explained in
 > an earlier e:mail, we need to have a procedure established for these
 > to be submitted and paid.  I can provide backup for each call and
 > the hotel bill if needed.
 > Could you please talk to the appropriate people and let me know how
 > these will be handled.  Our fiscal year ends June 30 2002 and these
 > need to be paid before that date.  If anyone has any questions,
 > I'd be glad to answer them.
 >
 > This will continue to happen on a monthly basis since you are using
 > the WorldCom account.  I appreciate the help.  It is important to
 > resolve this issue if the DNSO is going to continue to use ICANN
 > accounts.
 >
 > Thank you.  Diane
 >
 >