From: Philip Sheppard [mailto:philip.sheppard@aim.be]
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 8:44 AM
To: nc-budget@dnso.org
Cc: Bruce Tonkin Regs
Subject: [nc-budget] Proposed Jan-June 2003 NC budget

Budget Committee,
Time pressures meant that all voting members of the Budget Committee left before the end of the November 20 call, leaving Roger in the uncomfortable position of no one else to vote on the budget! Unfortunately, also the idea agreed to earlier in the call, to adjust the reserves in light of the end of the DNSO and a six month budget was not done. The Budget was left at something over USD 9000 per constituency for six months - ie 25% up on last year pro-rata. This seems unachievable, given our payments history.

Please see attached a revised proposal for your consideration. I have checked with Glen and got a new conservative figure for the reserves expected at the end of 2002 (USD 25,000). The assumption of the budget is:
-  Six months costs based on 2002 actuals provided by Glen.
- (As in 2002, Indicate but do not budget for task force telephone conferences - they continue to be sponsored until July 2003).
- Deduct the USD 25, 000 surplus cash in hand.
- ADD a cash-flow contingency of USD 10,000 to cover any late payment by up to 2 constituencies.

The net result is a call per constituency of USD 4950 per constituency.
I hope you can support this. The figure is conservative and I believe achievable to collect. Please indicate to Roger and the Budget Committee if you support this.

Philip