[nc-budget]

RE: [nc-budget] FW: Updated DNSO Finance Reports

cf. http://www.icann.org/financials/proposed-budget-15may02.htm

The FY2002-2003 members of the Budget Advisory Group and
their affiliations are:

Sabine Dolderer [.de - ccTLD Registries]
Hartmut Glaser [.br - ccTLD Registries]
Bernard Turcotte [.ca - ccTLD Registries]
Elana Broitman [register.com - Accredited Registrars]
Bryan Evans [InterAccess - Accredited Registrars]
Rob Hall [Momentus - Accredited Registrars]
Sloan Gaon [registry.pro - gTLD Registries]
Chuck Gomes [VeriSign - gTLD Registries]
Steve Juarez [MusDOMA - gTLD Registries]
Axel Pawlik [RIPE-NCC - Address Registries]
Robert Stratton [ARIN - Address Registries]
Paul Wilson [APNIC - Address Registries]

For the gTLDs, ICANN has to perform the role
of the "local Internet community", bring users
and producers, gTLD Registrants, gTLD Registries
and gTLD Registrars together, and be accountable globaly.

The DNSO is that place, the place where community
meets. It is of paramount importance it does exist.

I would - naivly - imagine that ICANN President and CEO
can convince its Budget Advisory Group that its core mission,
the higest priority in ICANN experiment, the one
for which he and ICANN staff are paid, is to take care
about the developpment and implementation of extraterritorial
rules in the gTLD space,
That according to ICANN own Bylaws he needs the DNSO.

Well, if that fundamentals are no longer fundamentals,
- we are facing the end of ICANN and its missions.

No need to add that the DNSO estimated cost is less than
5% of whole ICANN budget, less than "At Large Activities"
item approved at $200,000.

Elisabeth