[nc-budget]

RE: [nc-budget] FISAT AND AFNIC INVOICES TO THE DNSO FOR MARCH 2002

I approve these invoices but I would like to make a request for the future.
Could we ask Glen to provide a supplemental report for invoices involving
variable expenses that would  be provide the following information: Current
Monthly Invoice Amount, Budgeted Monthly Amount, Variance, YTD Amount
Invoiced, YTD Amount Budgeted, Variance.  Regarding the invoices currently
submitted, the telephone and travel expenses both involve variable expenses
and are examples where the above information would make it easier for us to
review and approve the expenses.   In the case of travel expenses, if I am
correct that we budgeted $2,000 for telephone expenses for the year, then
that would mean that the current invoice for $391.84 indicates that the run
rate for telephone expenses is exceeding what we budgeted.  That does not
necessarily mean that we should not approve it but it may indicate that we
need to revisit the amount budgeted or at least make sure that we have
enough in contingency funds to cover the overrun.

Chuck