-----Original Message-----
From: Cochetti, Roger [mailto:RCochetti@verisign.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 3:40 PM
To: Gomes, Chuck; '"Vany" Martinze'; 'Anthony Harris'; 'Elisabeth
Porteneuve'; 'Erica Roberts'; 'Ken Stubbs'; 'Ken Stubbs'; 'Marilyn
Cade'; 'Peter deBlanc'; 'Philip Sheppard'; 'vany Martinze'
Cc: 'Nc-Budget (E-mail)'
Subject: FIRST PROPOSAL FOR A DNSO BUDGET FOR 2002

Her is a discussion draft of a 2002 DNSO Budget.  Glen assisted me in
its development and it begins with a brief projection of the funds we
are likely to carry over from 2001 into 2002.

Roger Cochetti
Chair
Names Council Budget Committee

Current funds							$173K

Rough Commitments Against Current Funds Through EOY 2001

	AFNIC '00   $59K
	AFNIC  '01  $40K
	G S G        $ 7K
	Other          $4K
	TOTAL        		$110K

Projected surplus of Funds at Year-End 2001			$63K

PROJECTED DNSO EXPENSES IN 2002:  MINIMUM

Secretariat (including AFNIC)					$60K

Connectivity							$10 K

Telephone							$ 5K

Secretariat Travel						$15K

Misc								$30K

TOTAL								$120K

LESS 2001 CARRYOVER						-$63K

ADDITIONAL FUNDS NEEDED					$57K

PER CONSTITUENCY (7)					$8.2K

POTENTIAL ADDED EXPENSES

Partial Staff Support						$50K
($7.2K/Constituency)

Web casting							$50K ( "
" )

Translation Services						$50K  (
" "
)

Full Staff Support						$120K
($17.1K/Constituency)

Roger J. Cochetti
Senior Vice President & Chief Policy Officer
VeriSign
rcochetti@verisign.com
202-973-6600