Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 1:49 PM
Subject: [nc-budget] FW: NC secretariat

FYI

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Gomes, Chuck
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 8:35 AM
To: 'Gcore'
Subject: RE: NC secretariat

Ms. de Saint Gery,

Thank you very much for expressing your interest in this position.  I am very interested in talking with you further about this, but there is still some work to be done by the DNSO Names Council before we can proceed further.

I am a member of the Names Council budget committee and part of the DNSO gTLD Registry Constituency but am not a member of the Names Council itself.  It is anticipated that the budget committee will assist the Names Council in the selection process but several details have to be worked out first.  Therefore, it would be premature to have a teleconference at this time.  First of all, we do not yet have the answers to some of the questions you asked.  Secondly, we need to finalize the selection process and who will be involved in that process.

One of the tasks that the NC will need to do in the near term is to identify and contract for the technical support you referred to.  If you are aware of any organization that could provide that support, please let us know.  If you eventually were selected as the Secretariat, you would be coordinating with such an organization.

I have forwarded your email to the rest of the budget committee.  We will get back to you as soon as we have made some of the decisions that need to made prior to filling this position.

Chuck Gomes
VP, Policy & Compliance
VeriSign Global Registry Services