[nc-budget]

Re: [nc-budget] An association under French law 1901

My concerns on this relate to language.  While I greatly admire the ability
of Elizabeth and others to work in what is for them a foreign language, I do
not pretend to be able to work in French, Chines, Spanish or any of the
other major languages of the world.   For better or for worse, English is
the language of the Internet, of ICANN, of  business and of my constituency.
It is important that any constitution or governing jurisdiction of any NC
body be intelligible to English speakers.
Since English is the common language of the Internet I believe that we no
option but to focus on English speaking jurisdictions under which we might
register an organisation responsible for managing  NC/DNSO funds.  This
allows for a lot of options.  Singapore, India, Anguillia, Australia,
Canada, South Africa, UK, etc. are just some of the different  jurisdictions
accessible to English speakers and in which we might consider registering a
body to manage NC or DNSO funds.   However, since France does not use
English for legal purposes, IMHO it is not a suitable jurisdiction under
which to estsablish an organisation responsible for managing DNSO or NC
funds.

erica