[icann-nominations] statement of acceptance for Jacques Beer Gabel

On behalf of Jacques Beer Gabel, please find below the statement of acceptance
for the ICANN board election :

Full Name :

Jacques BEER GABEL

E-mail adress :

jacques.beer-gabel@rhone-poulenc.com

Organization I work for :

Rhone Poulenc

Snail-mail adress :

25, quai Paul Doumer 92408 Courbevoie Cedex France

Region that includes the country of which I am a citizen : Europe

Region that includes the country in which I reside : Europe

Statement of acceptance of nomination :

I do accept accept nomination for the ICANN board election

Curriculum vitae

I am currently chief information officer of a very large industrial company,
Rhone Poulenc, both in chemicals and pharmaceuticals sectors. Rhone Poulenc
holds many trademarks throughout the world, with major subsidiaries in Europe,
North and Latin America.

Previously, I held various positions as manager in the health care sector, both
in private and public organisations.

Finally, I have a long standing involvement in the building of information
society in France, and I chaired the CIGREF working group on E-Business in
1998/1999.

I would be glad to join a board where I can share my experience with other
managers and contribute to a sustainable growth of the internet.

Statement indicating ideas, intentions

I support the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), set
up, as stated in its articles of incorporation, to promote the global public
interest in the operational stability of the Internet by (i) coordinating the
assignment of Internet technical parameters as needed to maintain universal
connectivity on the Internet; (ii) performing and overseeing functions related
to the coordination of the Internet Protocol (IP) address space; (iii)
performing and overseeing functions related to the coordination of the Internet
Domain Name System (DNS), including the development of policies for determining
the circumstances under which new top-level domains are added to the DNS root
system and (iv) overseeing operation of the authoritative Internet DNS root
server system.

I also fully support that ICANN shall operate for the benefit of the Internet
community as a whole, carrying out its activities in conformity with relevant
principles of international law and applicable international conventions, and
through open and transparent processes that enable competition and open entry in
Internet-related markets. To this effect, I believe ICANN shall cooperate as
appropriate with relevant international organizations.

Finally, due to their particular involvement in present and future development
of the Internet, I believe corporations and associations of corporations should
be closely associated to ICANN activities