[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[icann-nominations] ICANN BoD election
Call for Nominations for the election of ICANN Board members
acceptance of the nomination
1. Full name:
2. E-mail address:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Dany.Vandromme@renater.fr
3. Organization you work for (if apply):
RENATER (National Telecommunications Network for Technology, Education
4. Snail-mail address (street, city, country):
RENATER-ENSAM, 151 Boulevard de l'Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
5. The region that includes the country of which you are a citizen:
6. The region that includes the country in which you reside:
7. A clear statement of acceptance of the nomination:
I accept nominations for the ICANN board of directors election
8. If you are a Member of the Names Council, state your intention (*)
to resign from the Names Council if you are elected to the ICANN Board:
I am not member of the Name Council
9. A Curriculum Vitae (no more than 500 words long):
Born in 1951 in France
- Engineer in Mechanics (1975), Post graduate and then PhD from Von Karman
Institute (Belgium) in 1980. Doct-Ing in 1980 in Lille (F).
- Post-Doc at NASA Ames Research Center in 1980-1981 (still on ARPANET
days) and part-time associate researcher at NASA-Ames and UC Davis from
1981 till 1990
- Doctorate "es Sciences" in 1983; Assistant Professor from 1981 to 1983
- Professor since 1988 : Mechanichal Engineering and Computational Fluid
- Founding member and president of the Normandy research network (SYRHANO)
and of the CRIHAN (regional computing center dedicated to parallel and
distributed computing http://www.crihan.fr).
- Scientific advisor at the Engineering Sciences Department of the
National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS http://www.cnrs.f) from 1993
1998, in charge of nationwide networking and computing.
- Since 1998, general manager of the national research and education
network in France (RENATER http://www.renater.fr).
Position of RENATER (and its director current action through it):
Renater is a first rank actor in the Internet development in France. He
bears the forefront initiatives in broadband technologies and services. He
plays also a major role in the interconnexion of all ISPs, nationwide
(GIX interconnexion node called SFINX). He
represents (as active participant) France at the european level for the
interconnexion of National Research Networks (through the TEN155 Quantum
project) and the development of broadband testbeds. Renater is also among
the international partners of the UCAID and NSF for Internet2 and NGI
projects. RENATER is also providing CERT services to its user community
through the CERT-RENATER, in operation since 1995.
RENATER is member of the NCDNH Constituency
10. A statement indicating your ideas, intentions and/or the reason why
you consider you should be elected to serve in the ICANN Board
(no more than 500 words):
Installation of ICANN is a unique opportunity for planning the
development of Internet administration with a better equity that was
That development must evolve for the fair development of commercial and
non commercial uses. As representative of a large research and education
community, I am very sensitive to that evolution, although I know (and
experience it everyday) that Internet cannot develop by ignoring economy
constraints and rules.
I am also very sensitive to the principles of diversity (geographical
diversity is one aspect of that), and I think that Europe is
under-represented in the ICANN context.
As responsible of the french national network, I have also a significant
experience as manager of large scale projects, which will be probably of
some help in the ICANN organisation.
Nevertheless, as a old (not so old in fact) academic person, I am used to
have transparent but efficient methods to work, also on a collegial basis.
I will have the possibility to devote to ICANN enough time and resources
to act efficiently as board member.
I have been an early user of Arpanet and Internet, but a USER only.
Being a newcomer in the management of network, I may (and most probably
will) have a USER oriented view in the board duties, which could also
bring some elements of the diversity I refer to above.
To complete the statements, I am aware of the importance of WIPO proposal
and the strategic importance of the dispute resolution text, and I am
committed to give such topics, all the attention they require.
Dany VANDROMME | Directeur du GIP RENATER
Reseau National de Telecommunications
pour la Technologie, l'Enseignement et la Recherche
Tel : +33 (0)1 53 94 20 30 | 151 Boulevard de l'Hopital
Fax : +33 (0)1 53 94 20 31 | 75013 Paris
E-mail: Dany.Vandromme@renater.fr | FRANCE