[icann-nominations] Acceptance of the nomination

1. Full name: Edmundo Valenti

2. E-mail address: emv@datamarkets.com.ar

3. Organization you work for (if apply):
   Ecom-Lac - Advisor

4. Snail-mail address (street, city, country):
Mendoza 1307, (1428) Buenos Aires, Argentina

5. The region that includes the country of which you are a citizen:
   Latin America/Caribbean
6. The region that includes the country in which you reside:
   Latin America/Caribbean
7. A clear statement of acceptance of the nomination:
I am pleased to accept the nomination to be a candidate for
Election to the ICANN board of directors, for the DNSO.

8. If you are a Member of the Names Council, state your intention (*)
   to resign from the Names Council if you are elected to the ICANN Board
:
   Not Applicable

9. A Curriculum Vitae (no more than 500 words long):
I hold a degree in Computer Sciences (UTN-Buenos Aires).
Currently have my own Consulting firm specializing in IT, and do consulting work for ECOM-LAC, CABASE and major carriers and ISPs in the Latin American region. Marketing Director of Latin American Distribututor of Delphis (Online Services) to- Latin American Southern Region.
Held various positions as IT Advisor in several State Secretariats (Argentina Social Security Systems, National Heath Care System, Buenos Aires City Goverment)
.Before that I held the position of Director of Marketing/sales in the number two company in the local market (distributor of Wang Laboratories,Sun Microsystems and various telecommunications vendors).
Co-founder and current member of the board of the Argentine chapter of ISOC.
Co-founder and member of the first boards of CICOMRA (Hardware Vendor Association).
Member of the Consulting Body of CERT of Argentina.
I frequently deliver Seminars and conference on Internet, Electronic Commerce and Online Services.
I was Chair of the IFWP LA&C meeting held in Buenos Aires in August 1998.
I was actively involved in the institutional design and constitution of the LACNIC (RIR of Latin America/Caribbean), and in the definition of regional positions in the FTAA/ALCA E-com Committee.

10. A statement indicating your ideas, intentions and/or the reason why
    you consider you should be elected to serve in the ICANN Board
    (no more than 500 words):

I have actively participated in all the IFWP proceedings, and the ICANN process that ensued, with the intention of supporting the transfer of the DNS system to a private entity, and ensuring that the concerns of the stakeholders in the Latin America/Caribbean region be adequately addressed by the emerging entity. Thus I have been physically present at the IFWP meetings in Singapore and Buenos Aires, and the ICANN meetings held in Cambridge Mass., Berlin and Santiago.

Due to my daily activities related to carriers and ISPs, I dedicate most of my time to matters related to domain names and IP addresses, which enables me to contribute significantly to developments in this industry in Latin America. I would like to bring this expertise to the ICANN board, since it enables me to perform as a knowledgeable channel with the Latin America/Caribbean Internet business community and the other stakeholders. Since I was brought into this process by CABASE and ECOM-LAC, I have organized my schedules in order to dedicate the requisite time and efforts to the ICANN proceedings, and can thus assure an active contribution within the board.

Regards

Edmundo Valenti