[icann-endorsements]

[icann-endorsements] Endorsement of Alejandro Pisanty

3a. Full name of the endorser: Elisabeth Porteneuve
3b. E-mail address of the endorser: Elisabeth.Porteneuve@cetp.ipsl.fr
3c. Full name of the accepted nominee you wish to endorse:
    Alejandro Pisanty

    (specific statements of endorsements may also be submitted and are
    encouraged)

Dear Alejandro,

I wish you success in the impossible task of ICANN Reform you
have been taking upon your shoulders.

I cannot help to repeat publicly my short point of view on ICANN
structure and process - I know you have been reading and listening
to everybody, as usual.

   1. Whatever design for ICANN organization it should be
      process-based and humans-independent. As much as possible.

      The performance test for democratic institution is that when
      you replace five elected people by another five nobody
      sees the difference, it works.

   2. ICANN policy making should be decentralized in SOs - for
      the sake of stability, security, performance and management.
      The ICANN's function is to coordinate the processes.

   3. The heart of ICANN global experiment is gTLD space.

      The reason here is the White Paper's mandate to develop
      extra-judiciary rules, which in turn may/will impact
      national legislations. WP was written with consent of
      major governments.
      We must have it well understood that contrary to ccTLDs,
      the gTLD space is NOT attached to any jurisdiction
      (in particular it is not US). It is international.

   4. The link between ICANN components are users.

      The real dream of ICANN was and must remain to have
      a place for individuals representation, the place where
      the users have a say in developing gTLD policy rules, or
      IP addresses distribution, the place they compare
      different TLDs (gTLDs and ccTLDs) or registration services
      or bring issues of interest from user point of view.
      The real power of ICANN is to have users demanding
      for best standards everywhere.

Elisabeth Porteneuve
--
Election of the ICANN Board Director by the DNSO