[icann-endorsements]

[icann-endorsements] Endorsement: Joanna Lane

Greetings,

Between July 1996 and his untimely death in 1998 -- and before I realized
something of the significance of it -- I had the opportunity to converse in
some depth by phone and via email with Jon Postel on foundational issues
relating to the development of what has become the Internet Corporation for
Assigned Names and Numbers.

It started simply: Upon noticing my trouble in registering my first domain
name, Jon had graciously interceded on my behalf, and, in responding to my
queries, asked if I might be interested in commenting on the draft documents
being prepared for the Corporation-in-formation.

I have subsequently participated in a small number of ICANN-related
webcasts, workshops and discussion lists.

While I certainly can't pretend to have had any real influence on the
development of the Corporation, I recognize in Joanna Lane's work as
similarly even-handed a view of the "big picture" as I found with Jon
Postel, and humbly support her nomination to the ICANN Board of Directors. I
believe her participation at the Board level would do much to help ICANN
meet its present and future challenges, and that this would very much help
to restore some of the credibility the entire organization unfortunately
lost with Jon's passing.

Consensus, however defined, must surely begin with credibility. If this
means anything to you, please accept my endorsement of Joanna Lane for Board
membership.

Sincerely,

Rob Juneau
junivers@sprint.ca

--
Election of the ICANN Board Director by the DNSO
Archives at http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/icann-endorsements/Arc01/