[icann-endorsements]

[icann-endorsements] Endorsement for James Love

Full name of the endorser: James McKenna
Email address of the endorser: arcadia@one.net
Full name of the accepted nominee you wish to endorse: James Love

Reasons for Endorsement
In the four years I've been active online, I've watched Internet
governance grow from a virtually ad hoc arrangment to the current
incarnation of ICANN, which seems to have ambitions beyond its stated
mission.  The world is complicated enough without a self-appointed
governing body arrogating power to itself.

I support James Love's intent to consolidate ICANN into the naming
authority it should remain.

I also support his intent to greatly expand the number and variety of
TLDs.  The Internet should not be allowed to stagnate into a sterile
space for branding and commerce, much like America's malls.

If James Love can help keep ICANN on task, and help empower the
boundless Internet so many envisioned in the early years (long before
I came online), then he should be on the DNSO.

james mckenna
arcadia@one.net
cincinnati usa

winmail.dat