[icann-endorsements]

[icann-endorsements] To: "icann-endorsements@dnso.org" <icann-endorsements@dnso.org>

Please accept my endorsement for Jonathan Cohen.

3a. Full name of the endorser:  Caroline G. Chicoine

3b. E-mail address of the endorser: cchicoine@dkwlaw.com

3c. Full name of the accepted nominee you wish to endorse: Jonathan Cohen

Jonathan has been actively involved in the DNSO since its inception, and
was heavily responsible for making the Intellectual Property Constituency
the force that it is today.  It is with the same if not more energy that he
took on the role as the first IPC President, that he has taken on his role
as ICANN Board member.  While expected, Jonathan has attended ALL Board
meetings and ALL teleconferences (with the exception of 1 call) during his
tenure as Board member (a quite impressive feat given the time and travel
constraints and the fact that he has a full time job back home in Canada).

Most telling to me about his commitment to the DNSO effort is his voluntary
and unilateral effort to outreach outside of the required Board meetings.
In his short year as Board member, Jonathan has spoken about ICANN and
reached out to individuals around the world.  A list of these engagements
are listed below:

Cyberbe@t Seminar (London, Paris); FICPI Meeting (Capetown, South Africa -
January), ITAC (Information Technology Association of Canada) Forum
(Toronto - January); Joint APAA-FICPI Forum (New Delhi, with additional
meetings in Bangkok, Tokyo and Osaka - February); John Marshall Annual
Conference on IP Law (Chicago - February); C@INet 2000 (Cairo - March);
ECTA 20th Annual Conference (Crete - May), AIPLA Spring Meeting (Pittsburgh
- May); United Nations Economic Commission for Europe Forum on Electronic
Commerce for Emerging Economies (Geneva - June); Net2000 (Ottawa - June);
KR-NIC ICANN Workshop (Seoul - July); JPNIC ICANN Orientation Seminar
(Yokohama - July).

He has also already committed to a number of further engagements which will
hopefully help in countries such as the Philippines and Israel.

Finally, I believe continuity at this stage is critical to the success of
the DNSO.  Earlier this year, the members of the Names Council became
"offical" and we are only just starting to see the benefits of having the
time to get to know and work with each other.  Of course, I would not put
consistency above competency, but given Jonathan's excellent record, I
think having both would be a tremendous benefit to the DNSO.

--
Election of the ICANN Board Director by the DNSO
Archives at http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/icann-endorsements/Arc00/maillist.html