[gTLD-com]

[gtld-com] Council gTLDs

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions on version 5 of the committee's conclusions. I have attempted to included all of these in the attached version 6 which is submitted for adoption at the next Council meeting.

Important changes from the previous version:
- following the Council resolution, separation of objectives in expanding the name space AND criteria for future registries. The objectives are based on previous Council or Board conclusions. This should overcome some of the concerns about applicability raised by Tom, Bruce, Chun et al.

- deletion of all references to IDNs as requested by Chun and others. If anyone believes this is too draconian and believe some statement is required please make a proposal.

- editing of the paragraph describing the different perspectives of Council members as to the interpretation of structured. I believe this is an important clarification, as the Board may well have similar diversity.

Please remember this is a committee report recommending future work. It is not definitive. It also seeks to include the opinions of each participating group.

I hope that this sixth version will be acceptable to Council.

Philip

gTLDS committee conclusions v6.doc