Re: [ga] Results from the NCtelecon October 5th, 1999

To the Secretariat of the DNSO

Yesterday, October 20 it has been send the "Results of the NCtelecom"
thas was done ON OCTOBER 5th.

So now, October 21 we, the General Assambly of the DNSO, start to
take notice and to discuss about something that has happened 15 days ago.
In internet time 15 days ago is a LOT of time.

Please, we know that we have to deal with our daily work, but it would be
terrific if we can imagine some way to publish the results and every information
related to the DNSO.

Lets dont forget that WE are the GENERAL ASSAMBLY and we are part of a
process.  The White Paper, the USA4s Clinton Administration, and the fathers
of the internet talk about a bottom up process... without a strong General Assambly
we will not be able to validate the process, without knowing what is happening
we will not be a valid General Assambly.

Regards,

Javier Rodriguez
AXISNET
Peruvian Associations of Internet Users and ISPs

At 21/10/99 12:38:00 PM, you wrote:
>At 09:59 PM 20/10/1999 +0200, DNSO Listadmin wrote:
>
>>   * Election of GA Chair, information from Joe Sims
>>
>>     There is a general misunderstunding about the GA role.
>>
>A misunderstanding or a general and fundamental difference of opinion?
>
>>     Action: NC initiate a discussion about the GA structure as well as
>>     about relations between different components of the DNSO. From October
>>     16th, after elections to the ICANN Board, the NC will initiate the call
>>     for nominations for permanent GA Chair. To be elected in LA.
>>
>>     Action: NC initiate a discussion about concensus. There is a necessity
>>     to have more understanding abount consensus. The Chair of GA should not
>>     interpret consensus like in Santiago meetings.
>
>Should not?  Would this mean that motions in the GA can no longer result in
>resolutions?
>
>The coordination between
>>     the NC and GA is needed.
>>
>How are we to understand this? Will the future GA chair have to act under
>instructions from the Names Council?
>
>These are sincere questions that await clarification from Names Council
>members.
>

>--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , bootstrap  of
>the Cyberspace Association,
>the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
>http://www.democracy.org.nz/idno/

Javier Rodriguez                   jrl@mail.lima.net.pe
AXISNET
Peruvian Association of Internet Users and ISPs
Other duties:  eCOM-LAC     ISOC-PERU     IPCE