Re: [ga] Privacy and Whois databases

I am not familiar with what records are considered open or public domain in
other jurisdictions, perhaps someone can help me here.  The major threat I see
to privacy are court records.  Divorce opens up all of an individual's financial
records.  Contested Personal Injury accidents open up medical records.  Current
U.S./Texas practice is not to seal these records so they are all available to
post on the Internet and with the direction entities are going it will not be
long until they are there.

Perhaps I should make something affecting my positions clear.  I am currently
arguing in the U.S. Federal Court System that local laws should all be public
domain and not subject to copyright.  I have trouble arguing that information
which is available to someone walking up to a desk should not be available on
the net.  People should have access to the same data that the newspaper has
access to.