Re: [ga] Privacy and Whois databases

How about a dot SPAMM TLD And let the SPAMMers use it with impunity.  It could be
easily filtered.  Is the only way to get new TLDs to have them legislated?  Can any
country legislate new TLDs or must it be done inside the beltway?  Thanks but I don't
find them more knowledgeable than ICANN.  Perhaps anything affecting network operation
should be turned over to NANOG.

Being currently involved in a civil case proceeding through the US Federal court
system, I am intimately aware of the costs involved in legal actions. I doubt that you
could establish sufficient damages or find deep enough pockets on the other side of the
table to warrant prosecution of a SPAMM case through a court of competent
jurisdiction..  Perhaps some of the attorneys on this list would offer pro bono
services.

If someone can show me reliable empirical date that Srikanth's plan would reduce the
bandwidth stolen from Internet Texoma by SPAMMers by 10% and the costs to process SPAMM
complaints by a like amount I would not only support his plan but would offer to host
the database at no cost. Host--but not administer the requests for access.

Peter Veeck