[ga] Re: Carl Bildt - Declines Nomination

> He notes the decision by the ICANN
> lawyers and, as a result, he regretfully declines the nomination.

If a decision was made by ICANN's lawyers, I hope we receive a full,
written explanation so that we may have some guidance for future
elections.

Based on my reading, the ICANN Bylaw language was open to interpretation
as applied to Mr. Bildt. I am sorry that a decision was made on his
candidacy without discussing the bylaw interpretation openly within the
community.

      -- Bret