[ga] Nomination - Declined

Dear DNSO GA Colleagues,

I would like to thank most sincerely those of you who nominated
and seconded me for election to the Board of ICANN.  I was very
honoured and flattered to receive such public support, and very
grateful for the large number of private e-mails of support and
encouragement.

I have been considering this nomination very carefully - and have
discussed it at length with my colleagues in CENTR at the CENTR
General Assembly meeting in Warsaw over the last few days.

I wish to inform you that I have decided to decline the nomination
for election to the Board of ICANN.

I have decided to focus my (Internet) efforts on the Names Council
of the DNSO, on my role as Chairman of CENTR and as a director
of CENTR Ltd., and as the Director of the .ie Domain Registry.

I would be happy to answer any questions anyone may have.

Once again my sincere thanks for your support.

Dennis
Dennis M. Jennings
Director, Computing Services, University College Dublin.
Address:  Daedalus Building, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
E-mail:  Dennis.Jennings@ucd.ie
Telephone:  +353-(1) 706 7817
Fax:        +353-(1) 706 2362