RE: [ga] Re: You have been unsubscibed from the ga@dnso.org (fwd)

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Jean-Michel Becar wrote:

> I support the DNSO listadmin decision as too much noise and from always the
> same people and sometimes we need to have a strong policy. Full stop.

Jean - that's  such a nice position but very irrelevant to my query.  I
agree the list needs less noise.  So what?

I have published this here to examine the listadmins reasons.  I asked
privately for them and there has been no response.

Do you speak on behalf of the listadmin.  For the purpose of assigning
responsibility, do you know who the listadmin is?

The listadmin seems unresponsive to these questions.

This list needs moderation.  I have no doubt of that, but before it can be
correctly moderated, the listadmin must make his position clear.  What is
his proceedure, what is the policy.

I completely understand the reasons why Mr. Walsh and Mr. Mason were
unsubscribed.  They were both acting like drag queens.

But In my case, nothing in the listadmins reasons apply.  I feel I have
been subject to discriminatory behaviour.  And have been found guilty by
association.

I should also stress that although I understand the list admins reasons
concerning Mr. Mason and Mr. Walsh, I do not support them.  There were
better ways to deal with them then what happened.  A personal private
approach should of been deployed.  And as soon as the listadmin will share
his reasons publically, the sooner we can get to establishung a correct
method of moderating these lists.

When I invite those people here to participate who control the internet,
the last thing they need is to be subjected to the bad behaviour exibited
by Mr. Walsh and Mr. Mason's replies, which I feel were justified defense
to the Walsh dribble.

But there was a better way.  Maybe this conference needs a voting
mechanisim to eliminate abuse behaviour by a vote of the majority.  If the
listadmin fails to accept reponsibility, then a voting system will fill in
the gaps.

It would also be a first step to democratize ICANN and the DNSO.  I think
we have an excellent opportunity here.  Can the listadmin address this?

Cheers
Joe Baptista

--
Planet Communication & Computing Facility           baptista@pccf.net
Public Access Internet Research Publisher           1 (212) 894-3704 ext. 1033