[ga] Re[2]: [IFWP] Re: [IDNO-DISCUSS] icann.edleman.19990819 / Access to ICANN Santiago real video feed (fwd)

Sunday, August 22, 1999, 3:24:50 AM, Planet Communications Computing Facility <pccf@bigbird.earth-net.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, William X. Walsh wrote:

>> > http://www.pccf.net/correspondence/icann/19990819-edelman-icann.html

>> We must be careful not to criticize, or imply criticism solely for the
>> purpose of criticizing, or finding every little detail to criticize,
>> and instead ask ourselves if a particular point is really so
>> important to warrant that kind of a protest, lest one loses their
>> credibility by being nothing but a naysayer.

> I think your way ahead of us here been.  Were not there yet - i.e.
> protest.  As I have said before we have no protest at this time.  Were
> just gathering opinion, and thank you for your support of the policy
> stated.

My response was not directed at you, it was directed at those whom you
asked "if they should have any concerns respecting the ICANN's
position on video feeds" and I was addressing why, even if they found
it somewhat more restrictive than they might normally like or want in
an ideal circumstance, they might want to take certain things into
account before responding with any critical concerns.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934

(IDNO MEMBER)
Support the Cyberspace Association, the
constituency of Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org