Re: Re[2]: [ga] PROTEST STATEMENT Re: they need hats - a statement.

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, William X. Walsh wrote:

> Tuesday, August 17, 1999, 7:05:03 AM, Planet Communications Computing Facility <pccf@bigbird.earth-net.net> wrote:

> >> many of us already have children.  luckly they know how to behave in public.
>
> > Randy - were not concerned with your children, nor anyone else childrens
> > behaviour in public.  Were concerned with behaviour here and now.
>
> I have to chime in here, and actually agree with Randy..to a point.  A

Randy's not here anymore.  Randy has dismissed himself.  I am sure he
would of appreciated your support.

> protest should be something that can be done conservatively,
> constructively, and be taken seriously.

Vietnam protests never looked very conservative or contructive to me, but
they certainly looked serious.  The intent here is to embarrase.  Those
who have been upset by ICANN have some recourse.

I've watched these conferences for some time, and with respect - your the
biggest bunch of weiners i've ever come across.  It's ok to complain, I
have no problem with that - I do have a major problem with a group of
people who've been at the same thing for years and have accomplished
nothing.

All I hear is weining and complaining about ICANN, day in, day out, it's
enought to make one sick.  In the finest of jewish traditions, and with
all the love in my heart I say to those complainers "Shut up already, make
a statement, wear a hat".

I think ICANN is just great.  I know there screwed up, that is neither
secret nor at issue.  But they represent a framework we can work with.
But if there are people here who disagree with me, then once again I say
wear a hat.

> Much like Ellen's Grey Ribbon campaign.

Using a grey ribbon as a protest sounds good, problem is grey does not
show up well on real video.  You need a color with a good contrast to it.

Regards
Jeff Mason

--
Planet Communication & Computing Facility           pccf@bigbird.earth-net.net
Public Access Internet Research Publisher           1 (212) 894-3704 ext. 1033