[ga] RE: icann real server at eastwood-b.prognet.com

Jeff,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I've forwarded your message to
Real which, as you noticed, maintains a RealServer for us, and I will let
you know as soon as I hear back from our contact there.

I'm actually on vacation at the moment, with connectivity only via an
acoustic coupler on a payphone, so I can't verify the problem.  But I'll
stay on this and will let you know as soon as I hear anything re what the
problem is, how quickly it can be solved, etc.  In the meanwhile, I can
offer the following "trick" which, while not guaranteed to work in all cases
and somewhat troublesome, will likely help in the short term: Replace the
s=real in the long URL that links to the desired RealMedia clip with s=bcis.
This will redirect the request to a backup server, and it should do the
trick assuming the file is properly replicated onto the backup server.
Please let me know off-list if there are particular files for which this
does not seem to work properly, and I'll see that they're manually
resynchronized.

Sorry for the confusion & delay.

Ben Edelman
Berkman Center for Internet and Society