Re: [ga] Santiago DNSO GA Chairman

On 29 July 1999, Dennis Jennings <Dennis.Jennings@ucd.ie> wrote:

>DNSO GA Members,
>
>Javier Sola has pointed out the the Interim Names Council has
>"decided" that Nii Quaynor will be the chairman of the DNSO
>General Assembly in Santiago.
>
>I think that this is an excellent proposal, and I seek the views of the
>General Assembly members.

Mr. Quaynor would be an excellent chair.

However, I question the persistence of the pNC in appointing chairs
to bodies instead of allowing the bodies to decide who their chairs
should be.

Can the GA appoint the chair for the pNC meeting?  Turnabout's fair
play, after all.

--
Mark C. Langston	     			Let your voice be heard:
mark@bitshift.org				     http://www.idno.org