[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ga] Re: [IFWP] Analogical thought
- To: DNSO GA <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [ga] Re: [IFWP] Analogical thought
- From: Jeff Williams <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 11:38:09 +0100
- Organization: INEG. Inc. (Spokesman INEGroup)
- References: <14858C5D7DA4D111B0A90001FA371FD1026D17CC@sg_m1.iaea.org>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Roberto and all,
> > Hellooooo. This has nothing to do with multiple roots.
> Suppose that you want to reach the Yahoo site.
> Under the current system ("legacy", if you want), with one root system, you
> are sure to get it by typing http:\\www.yahoo.com.
> If you have multiple roots, that point to different parts of the Name Space
> for some TLDs, and if you have different .com registries, by typing
> http:\\www.yahoo.com you may reach the Yahoo site, but you may also reach a
> different server.
> True or not?
Not true in this context.
> Is this depending on the fact that you have multiple roots or not?
No it does not Roberto...
> To play around with words like you do in order to demonstrate that you know
> more than I do about DNS is serving no purpose, because:
> - I admit since the beginning that this is the case (yes, you know more);
> - it convinces me (and maybe others) that you try to avoid the question.
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208