[ga] Re: Universities non-commercial

Pisanty and all,

  It is true that no relevant information with respect to NYU's application
to the NCDNHC have YET been presented.  I along with some of my
staff with [INEGroup] and several members, are looking into this
application's validity as noncommercial as several of our members
are also staff and/or employees at NYU currently and it was brought
to my immediate attention that said application to the NCDNHC seemed
odd in that it is a private university...

Pisanty Baruch Alejandro-FQ wrote:

> Hello,
>
> facts, at least by way of example, would be a solid contribution. However
> the resolution of this issue will have to be easier, ie not by a blanket
> statement. For each organization that applies for membership in the NCDNHC
> there has to be rough consensus that it belongs there, and its membership
> can be challenged. Fact based discussions will have to ensue. Real persons
> in real places may get to have the last word in what credit each statement
> made in a membership application deserves.
>
> As for NYU no statement has yet been made that actually challenges the
> appropriateness of its application, ie no statement based on any concrete
> facts.
>
> Commercial and/or for-profit academic institutions will have to be given a
> place in the appropriate constituency.
>
> Alejandro Pisanty
>
>   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
>      Dr. Alejandro Pisanty,
>      Director General de Servicios de Computo Academico
>      (Director, Computing Academic Services)
>      Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM)
>      Ciudad Universitaria, 04510 Mexico City DF MEXICO
>
> Tel. (+52-5) 622-8541, 622-8542; Fax 622-8540
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: Jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com