Re[2]: [ga] the IDNO bootstrapping process

Tuesday, July 27, 1999, 3:06:07 PM, Dave Crocker <dcrocker@brandenburg.com> wrote:

> At 02:10 PM 7/27/99 , Joop Teernstra wrote:
>>(For your information) This open letter was sent to the ICANN Board members
>>yesterday.

> And was posted to a number of other mailing lists, today.  The following
> are my own comments about IDNO.  The posting of these comments has
> engendered int3eresting follow-on postings by others, including at least
> one IDNO official.

It should also be noted that Dave's main complaint, that the IDNO
asks that its members agree to the principle of the IDNO becoming the
individuals constituency, is the same principle he is applying in his
criticism of the IDNO and why it should not be recognized, to wit that
it has not expressed a pro-ICANN sentiment.  So while it is ok for him
to insist that any DNSO constituency have a Pro-ICANN position, it is
not ok for a constituency to ask that its members adhere to support
for the constituency's existence?

Surely you see the hypocrisy here?

--
William X. Walsh
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

The Law is not your mommy or daddy to go crying
to every time you have something to whimper about.