Re: [ga] Majordomo results (fwd)

Michael,

I (who have no association with the list administrators, but who runs a
few lists) can answer:

> 2) require subscription to make postings rather than accept them from the
> public (my postings to this list seem to have vanished into the ether...)

Spam avoidance.  If there was staff to handle the operation of the
lists, the legitimate posts from non-members could be forwarded by hand
(but of course, staff to do that would require money).  I agree that
majordomo should send back an indication that it has forwarded
non-member mail to the list owner (instead of simply doing so silently),
but this is a "feature" of stock majordomo.

(agree with your other points)

Regards,
-drc