Re: [ga] Transfer Protocol Perjury Stipulation

This also completely ignores the differences in legal systems around
the world.

More North American-centric spin in my opinion.

In the UK, perjury is lying to a court, or making
a knowingly untrue statement in something like
a Statutory Declaration (made before a Justice
of the Peace -- an unpaid magistrate -- or solicitor).

Telling lies in a contract application form is a tort and
actionble in the civil courts (unless it is for credit in
which case it is the criminal offence of obtaining pecuniary
advantage by deception)

So let's be sure here, are they implying that each domain applicant in
the UK will now have to make a Stat. Dec. (cost between $10 -$50)???

Nigel Roberts
nigel@roberts.co.uk