Re: [ga] General comments on the agenda - The pNC inadaquate??

Michael and all,

  I and the [INEGroup] agree with Professor Fromkin's comments/remarks
here entirely and we have stated so publicly to this list on two occasions
over two weeks ago, as well as individually to all of the members of
the pNC.  We [INEGroup] received no response from the pNC in this
regard/concern.  As such we can only conclude that either the pNC
ignored those requests, or that they were rejected out of hand... In either
case we [INEGroup] also must therefor conclude that the pNC is
acting in a manner inconsistent with good process, and is in adequate
in it's leadership, as such...

  We [INEGroup] therefore conclude that the pNC volentarily step
down immediately and that the GA of the DNSO begin election of
a proper NC with all due haste...

Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:

> On the telco today someone (J.Sola?) said that there have been no
> objections to the working group agenda.  This is optimistic.
>
> I object to absence of several items from the agenda, as I have been doing
> for some time, in emails to several of the list and to many of the
> participants:
>
> 1) The need to include a strong defense of rights of free expression in
> the operative parts of the ADR policy.
>
> 2) The need to fix the procedural timetable to allow adequate time to
> respond from *actual* notice.
>
> 3) The problem that the required representation rewards the ignorant at
> the expense of the over-scrupulous (and requires a representation that
> arguably would reverse the result in the Prince case).
>
> 4) The general issue of the (un)availability of judicial review in a very
> large fraction of cases where the original registrant loses the ADR.
>
> 5) In general, the details of the proposed procedures need to scrutinized
> ... no one seems to focused on this.
>
> What is the mechanism to get someone to pay attention to these issues?
> --
> A. Michael Froomkin   |    Professor of Law    |   froomkin@law.tm
> U. Miami School of Law, P.O. Box 248087, Coral Gables, FL 33124 USA
> +1 (305) 284-4285  |  +1 (305) 284-6506 (fax)  |  http://www.law.tm
>                     -->   It's hot here.   <--

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com