ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

Re: [ga] Olympic Hymn Complaint

On 2003-01-20 13:25:17 -0500, Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

> In case any of you are wondering what this has to do with ICANN
> and domain names, I can assure you that it is quite relevant
> because "Olympic" domains are protected property on the Web.
> Just try to register an Olympic domain with an American registrar
> or to transfer an "Olympic" domain to one.  If the "Olympic"
> domains are protected, then what about the content they display
> on such domains?

Would you care to explain what precisely is the ICANN-related topic
in this?  You are claiming that an owner of a famous name is using a
translation without respecting your intellectual property.  That's
bad.  It may be a topic for a weblog.

But where, precisely, does this touch ICANN policy issues?

Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.net/