ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

[ga] Re: Mansfield Spam on a usenet newsgroup? - Parish the thought..??

> Look, I didn't bring this thread before the GA DNSO.

And neither did I.  I have absolutely nothing to do with the comments added
by Jeff Williams.  In fact, I filter his emails out of my incoming email, so
I am only reminded of his questionable existence when someone responds to
him..

> The first I was made aware of it was being defamed by
> Dr. Berryhill on an archived e-mail discussion group

Mr. Mansfield, in connection with discussions on the intellectual property
policies of dispute resolution providers on the UDRP Review Task Force
mailing list, I asked the question whether any of the providers had a policy
on the use of their names in attorney advertising.

You are certainly correct in your example of a former judge stating as such
in legal advertising, and it is certainly interesting that you chose the
example of a "former" judge since you know full well that sitting judges
cannot represent litigants.  I fully understand that there is no such express
restriction in connection with the UDRP.

I hardly understand what is defamatory about asking whether the dispute
resolution providers have any policies on this issue, and I hardly understand
why your offense at the question.   How would you have posed the question?

John