ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

Re: [ga] Delete Microsoft.COM in 15 days from NOW!

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, at 09:35 [=GMT-0500], L. Gallegos wrote:

> 1 Microsoft way is the actuall address of the corporation.  The state is
> missing, but that is easily corrected.  In any case, is there anyone who
> doesn't know that M$ is located in Redmond, Washington? :)  It's on
> millions of documents.

I am sure. But where does this end? Am I also famous enough to get away
with incorrect or missing data, because they are easy to find elsewhere?

> In any case, why does one need to have the street address in the whois?
> The only thing the database needs to publish is the tech contact email or
> phone.

That would be nice, but it won't happen. So it is important that we now
see to what the ideas of enforcement of whois accuracy may lead.