ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

[ga] Barcelona.com Appeals hearing pending...

All former DNSO GA members or other interested parties,

  Barcelona.com case back in the news.  Seems yet again another
city name claming precedent for a DN containing that cities
name is again facing legal challenges.  UDRP does not address
such situations adequately as we [INEGroup] predicted and
argued with WIPO and ICANN.  The chicken has yet
again come home to roost!
See: http://www.udrplaw.net/ExclusiveNews18.htm

  Other cases regarding City Names and Domain Names
can be found at: http://www.udrplaw.net/CityNamesresources.htm

  I have noticed that Dallas, a city which I live very close to,
does not seem to find this to be a problem.  See below
the Whois Listing for Dallas.com..

  Another list of cities in the US that also don't seem to have
a problem with other stakeholders holding the DN's associated
with their cities can be found here:
http://www.boulevards.com/

Registrant:
                 Boulevards New Media, Inc. (DALLAS5-DOM)
                    550 South First Street
                    San Jose, CA 95113
                    US

                    Domain Name: DALLAS.COM

                    Administrative Contact:
                       Domain Name Manager  (DN93-ORG)
dnsmaster@BOULEVARDS.COM
                       Boulevards New Media Inc.
                       PO Box 28
                       San Jose, CA 95103-0028
                       US
                       408 271-3500 x257
                       Fax- ÿÿÿÿ
                    Technical Contact:
                       Manager, Domain Technical  (UQPOEHONRI)
dnstech@BOULEVARDS.COM
                       Boulevards New Media, Inc.
                       550 South First Street
                       San Jose, CA  95113
                       US
                       408-271-3500

                    Record expires on 25-Jul-2003.
                    Record created on 26-Jul-1996.
                    Database last updated on 15-Jan-2003 21:23:04 EST.

                    Domain servers in listed order:

                    NS1.BOULEVARDS.COM           66.220.23.114
                    NS2.BOULEVARDS.COM           66.220.23.115

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801