ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

[ga] NICA teleconference today - Whois privacy and security was a topic. Note: No WHOIS TF members were in attendance

  • To: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@dnso.org>
  • Subject: [ga] NICA teleconference today - Whois privacy and security was a topic. Note: No WHOIS TF members were in attendance
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:56:11 -0800
  • CC: Barbara Simons <"Barbara Simons"@ix.netcom.com>, Kathryn Klienman <KathrynKL@aol.com>
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

All former DNSO GA members or other interested parties,

  The National Infrastructure Advisory Council, Bureau of Industry and
Security
part of the US DOC had it teleconference and meeting which I
attended (Teleconference) today.  See:
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/14mar20010800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2002/02-32435.htm

for announcement of.  I also posted this announcement as well on this
forum see: http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc11/msg01422.html
in hopes that at least on WHOIS and UDRP Task force member
would be in attendance.  NONE from the WHOIS Task force were
in attendance, to my surprise and dismay...  This struck me as
odd and somewhat irresponsible from an ICANN point of view.

  It was strongly agreed that privacy and security go hand in hand
and that individual privacy was of specific and significant importance
with
respect to all aspects of Internet use including, and discussed
specifically briefly, WHOIS data.

  Many other topics were also discussed as well...

  Further written comments my be sent to:
Ms. Wanda Rose, Critical
Infrastructure Assurance Office, Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S.
Department of Commerce, Room 6095, 14th Street & Constitution Avenue,
NW., Washington, DC 20230.
    For more information contact Wanda Rose on (202) 482-7481.

  I am sure that if you call and ask Wanda nicely, she may let
you E-Mail you comments, proposals or other input to her
for the USG public record...  >;)

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801