Re: [ga] why we are being ignored

On 19:37 26/06/03, Eric Dierker said:
>But in just plain doing it we are a much louder voice than DoC or ICANN will
>ever be.

Absolutely true.

The error of the alt-root proponents was to think this would be understood
quick by the largest number.

Our own response is to organize ourselves outside of the NTIA system. The
internet is two directories: IP addresses and the DNS. ISPs need to sell to
us and for that they take care of the IP addmess. We only have to care
about DNS. The only thing we need to do is to start a conerted development
of ULDs (user level domains) as corporate, community, service SLD Managers.

An ULD costs $ 10 to 100 per year (the same mnemonic in several registries
may be interesting for  security purposes). Then the cutting (second level
root) management will call for a few machines. The CIC (community
inormation center) is what we work on for a stable, sercure, vernacular
solution. This permits life long, free, protected e-names. Then we need an
economical moder and to organize a space of trust and services. The space
of trust should be organized through the payment system for the services.

Now we need the dedicated team, per country and per language, to manage the
ULDs CIC on a non-profit basis (but services functions should be
subscontracted to make sure the service is serious) and a lawyer panel to
establish an international e-name charter and confirm an ULD BP.