[ga] "ICANN should be encouraged to adopt recommendations without ANY change -" ?

  • To: "Paul M. Kane" <Paul.Kane@nic.AC>
  • Subject: [ga] "ICANN should be encouraged to adopt recommendations without ANY change -" ?
  • From: "Jim Fleming" <JimFleming@ameritech.net>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 07:31:41 -0500
  • Cc: <ga@dnso.org>
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

From: "Paul M. Kane" <Paul.Kane@nic.AC>
"ICANN should be encouraged to adopt recommendations without ANY change -"
The concept of ICANN setting
> GLOBALLY "binding policy" in areas the members of the Board do not
> understand the issues in detail is fundamentally flawed.
====

http://www.opendemocracy.net/forum/document_details.asp?CatID=12&DocID=482

"My job was only to express the board's opinion as a whole. Unfortunately
it had very few opinions, because it didn't know very much, and its
opinions were supposed to reflect a mostly nonexistent consensus."
                      - Esther Dyson

Jim Fleming
http://www.DOT-BIZ.com