[ga] "ICANN is responsible for..."

http://www.icannwatch.org/article.pl?sid=03/05/26/0512208&mode=thread
"ICANN is responsible for the allocation of the root and the creation or reallocation of Top Level Domains."
=====

The above is not correct.

1. .EDU was handled by the U.S. Government, not ICANN.
2. .US was handled by the U.S. Government, not ICANN.
3. Numerous, so-called ccTLDs have been converted to generic usage without ICANN, regulation, policies, pricing, etc.
4. .EU has been "created", without ICANN.
5. The legacy root servers (which are no longer needed) are controlled by the U.S. Government DOD/DOC, not ICANN.

At best, 0:0 .ARPA and IN-ADDR.ARPA are controlled by ICANN, but the RIRs really handle it.
The other large companies with large allocations and therefore valuable *.IN-ADDR.ARPA names,
quietly lurk in the shadows, without paying any annual leases on space, as ISPs are taxed by the I* society MLM machine,
which laughs all the way to the bank, and their next, full-funded, first-class vacation trips.
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space

In summary, your DNS comes from the barrel of a gun, provided by the U.S. Government and aimed by the I* society.
You see, what they allow you to see. Ethnic cleansing and The Big Lie continue to keep the public in the dark...ages.

Jim Fleming
http://www.IPv8.info